|Title||KAIST Human Rights Week 2015|
|Creation date||2015-10-20 16:34:17|
Implementation of KAIST Human Rights Week 2015
The Center for Human Rights and Ethics is planning to declare the Human
Rights Week 2015 and carry out detailed action plans as follows to create a campus that respects and ensures gender equality and human rights.
- Details -
1. Designated Period: Monday, November 2 ~ Friday, November 6, 2015
2. Venue: Various parts of the KAIST Main Campus in Daejeon
3. Purpose: To raise awareness of human rights issues and create a campus respecting human rights
4. Event Details
A. Human Rights Campaign: Opening of the Idea Competition for Promoting Human Rights and Gender Equality
1) Applicability: All members of the KAIST community
2) Deadline for the Submission of Applications: By November 20, 2015
* The awards will be presented during a ceremony to celebrate the first anniversary of the establishment of the center on Thursday, November 26.
B. Human Rights Film Festival(Lunchtime cinema screening)
1) Applicability : All members of the KAIST community
2) Place: Ullim Hall, 1st floor of the Chang Young Shin Student Activity Center (N13-1)
3) Date/Time: 12 ~ 2 p.m. Tuesday, November 3, Wednesday November 4 and Thursday, November 5
4) How to attend : Free lunch will be offered to all those who will apply in advance. (maximum 50 persons)
C. Human Rights Lecture for Students
1) Applicability: Priority will be given on students, but all KAIST members are allowed to attend.
2) Place: No. 101 Classroom, Creative Learning Building
3) Date/Time: 6:30 p.m. ~ 8:30 p.m., Monday, November 2, 2015
4) How to attend: Free dinner will be offered to all those who will apply in advance. (maximum 60 persons)
5) subject: On human rights of Minorities in our society
6) Lecturer: Han, Chae yoon (executive director, Beyond the Rainbow Foundation)
D. Regular Events During the Human Rights Week
1) Human Rights Box: Those who want to file complaints on human rights violations or gender discrimination are encouraged to put them into the designated boxes.
2) Writing on the Wall : A brief survey on human rights awareness will be conducted.
3) Distribution of booklets on prevention of sexual harassment/violence
4) Distribution of self-defense alarms
E. Others: Putting up banners in various parts of the campus; distribution of handouts on the designation of the Human Rights Week and organizing relevant events for small groups
F. Relevant Events
1) Implementation of the second-half training on prevention of the four major types of violences for faculty and staff
A) [Training on prevention of sexual harassment/ sexual trafficking] 2 p.m.~4 p.m., Wednesday, October 28
B) [Training on prevention of sexual violence/domestic violences ] 2 p.m.~4 p.m., Friday, November 6,
C) Common Information
- Place: Fusion Hall, KI Building
- Applicability: KAIST faculty and staff(including both full-time & part-time)
2) Ceremony to Celebrate the First Anniversary of the Establishment of the Center for Human Rights and Ethics
A) Date/Time: 4 p.m., Thursday, November 26, 2015
B) Place: 1st floor lobby, Main Administration B/D (E14)
C) Event Description: A look back on the past one year of the center, refreshment, presenting awards to the idea competition winners, etc.
In the event of misinterpretation arising from cultural differences, the original text
in Korean shall take precedence over the English translation.